George William Proctor III was born in 1823 in Providence, RI. He married Elvira E. Cooper and had two children. Elvira died in 1848, a month after giving birth to her second child. GWP later married Lucinda T. Norris and made the big move West in 1858 to West Point, CA. He had six children with Lucinda and three of his four boys were drawn to the Arizona boom towns of opportunity. Charles Anthony Proctor came to Arizona in 1876 with his brother Frank Louis Proctor. The two brothers brought horses for the Baca Float Ranch (No. 3?). Their younger brother Henry A. Proctor arrived in Arizona in 1884 around the San Simon area. With determination and dedication CAP, FLP and HAP helped pioneer the Southern Arizona area.
FLP purchased land in Pima County beginning in 1884 and later purchased land in Graham County in 1890. He was appointed Pima County Deputy Sheriff and later as under sheriff by Sheriff M.F. Shaw. FLP was Territorial Sheriff in 1880s for counties of Pima, Cochise, Graham, Santa Cruz & Pinal. He went to Cananea, Mexico about 1900 and prospered there. After suffering a paralytic stroke he moved to Los Angeles, bought a home in Hollywood and later bought an extensive walnut grove at El Monte.
CAP worked around Madera Canyon and built the old little rock house. He also had a store in Quijotoa, AZ and sold meat to the miners. The mines there were active about 1883-1885. CAP bought the Sopori Ranch in 1898. He lived at La Tesota and Box Canyon Ranch, then later at Sopori Ranch. He was a guard at Yuma Prison from July 1901 to March 1903. He died mysteriously on the Sopori Ranch in 1913.
HAP received a US land patent in 1891. He purchased property in Pima County in 1905, 1908 and 1910. After 1910 he lived North of the Rillito river in the Tortalita mountains and west of Catalinas. In 1916, there was a fire at the barn on the ranch at Rillito. It was deemed arson. In 1923 he was a plaintiff in a water rights lawsuit against Pima Farms Company. He moved to California after the trial.